Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Cliché is so Cliché

"I think that cliche is a one word cliche"... 
       word of wisdom as exclaimed by Jonar Nader.. 


I agree, don't you think so?

The meaning of cliche according to wiki ( not so reliable but yeeahh..) is an expression, idea or element of an artistic thing that has been overused to the point of losing it's original meaning, or effect, and even to the point of being irritating especially when at some earlier time it was considered novel or meaningful.

an example?
Sorry.

So what do I mean by Cliche is so cliche?
Have you ever heard of "That is such a cliche" or " That is so cliched" *bored face expression..*
well I have, and I'll say, I may have said it a few times.. or maybe more than a few times >.>

The word cliche has become cliched for the people who say "That is such a cliche" or " That is so cliched"
do you get what i am trying to say? or write? or rather convey?

Now saying the word cliche has lost it's meaning because we use it so much. With super smart and super sarcastic teenagers these days, everything is a cliche. Almost all ideas are taken, been used and abused and that's what has become of the word cliche. 
EVERYTHING IS A CLICHE.

I'm not sure if you get what I mean, but think about it. Some things we do, we do so often it loses it's meaning. And that has become a  cliche, so now if everything is a  cliche, that the word cliche is so cliche..
*sigh* 
I hope you get what I mean.

P.S. I'm not sure if this is what  Jonar Nader meant. This is just what I think it means.


No comments:

Post a Comment