Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I DREAM THE DREAM OF A DREAMER

Here's a poem I wrote... I randomly though it up in class


I dream a dream of a dreamer


I dream a dream of a dreamer
Not dreams of wish or want, but thoughts
I dream of shoelaces tying themselves
And neat pulled up white socks
And the ground underneath me, to my destination it takes
Without me moving a muscle.
No ghost sneaking up my nose
No problem with the bustle
I dream of a sun that cannot harm
Not feel the heat but just the warmth
I dream of nights so freezing cold
Up on the moon with its crystal charm
I dream of life on mars and stars
On Jupiter, Saturn with wish fueled cars
And maybe on the sun
I dream of flowers telling me their dream
Of elves travelling on the train
I dream of ruby red skies
And blood pouring down as rain
I dream of creatures just unfathomable
With eyes as noes and nose as eyes
Who eat with their tail and sing with their hair
And they stare to say they care
I dream of flying instruments
Illuminating the sky with music
I dream of blue bells singing
With the harmonious clocks tick tick
I also dream of people
Black white brown and blue
The royals serving the poor
and the officials mopping the floor
I dream of beggars who beg not for riches
But beg for forgiveness salvation and grace
I dream many a dream but not of wish or want
But of thoughts when I sit alone
When I dream the dream of a dreamer.

Hope you liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment